Learning Services - Auckland
Learning Services is here to assist you on your journey towards the successful completion of your studies at EIT. Our aim is for you to become confident, competent and independent learners.
Learning advisors support learners to develop their learning, numeracy, and academic skills as well as their language proficiency.
Level | 5
Learning Advisors usually need to be booked in advance. A study support appointment can be face-to-face or a video conference call.
In order to provide the service to the maximum number of students, we are unable to check any assignments for courses where the lecturers are offering reviews. Lecturers and Library and Learning Services have open communication – We know that many times students send the draft to both, taking up precious time from both services which can be given to struggling students. There is a restriction on the amount of time that any student can expect to have with a learning advisor and it is necessary to limit the number of times you can have feedback on an assignment. Feedback is usually provided along with supporting resources. Library and Learning Services are here to help you succeed, your assignment is your work and your responsibility.
We can assist with:
- Academic reading
- critical thinking, research, reading effectively
- Academic writing
- essays, reports, reflective writing, online forums, literature reviews, annotated bibliographies, short or long answer assignments
- APA referencing and writing style
- in text citations, reference lists, APA style conventions
- Basic computing
- MSWord, MSPowerPoint, MSExcel, MSPublisher, file management, EITOnline, EndNote, assignment formatting
- Basic literacy
- basic numeracy, statistics
- Study skills
- memory, note-taking, learning styles, exam techniques
- Oral presentations
- Time management
- Writing skills
- paraphrasing, summarising, sentence structure, paragraph structure, grammar, punctuation
Information & Learning Advisor Appointments
Within a learning advice session some of the following may occur
Learning advisors do not
Learning advisors are here to help you succeed. Your assignment is your work and your responsibility.