Student Budgeting Support - Hawke's Bay
Younited Student Budgeting advice is a service providing budgeting guidance for students. Our service assists you in looking at your financial options with the help of a trained budget advisor who can provide a range of tools and knowledge to ensure that you have greater understanding of your financial situation and what to do going forward.
027 3664 351
Talk to us about:
- Work & Income queries
- IRD queries
- Money management and budgeting
- Studylink support
We can assist with all the above and advise or refer you to the correct agency if required.
Learning how to budget will give you skills to last a lifetime. A budget helps us feel in control and is for anyone who has money coming in and going out. Having a plan and sticking to a budget will save stress and let you focus on your studies. Budgeting allows you to take control of your spending habits and focus on your financial goals.
- Debt – pay off the debt with the highest interest
- Shop with a list – look for cheaper deals
- Beware of personal spending - wants vs needs
Businesses | Government Departments
- Banks – Budgeting tools
- IRD – tax refund (Free) Register on the IRD website https://www.ird.govt.nz/
- Insurance – review annually
- Power – compare prices https://www.powerswitch.org.nz/powerswitch?&gclid=CKHLqaiT3cwCFQx8vQodU9gMLA
- Get to know the website www.studylink.govt.nz