Pouwhirinaki - Hawke's Bay campus
The role of the Pouwhirinaki Staff is to provide on-campus support for Māori students studying at EIT. We achieve this by providing a confidential setting for students to discuss their educational needs.
The Pouwhirinaki aims to encourage participation, retention and success of Māori students.
Pouwhirinaki Services aim to:-
- Provide cultural support and pastoral care
- Provide a confidential setting where students are able to come in and talk freely
We will support students with:
- Iwi grants and Māori Scholarships
- Mihi and basic te reo
- Access to course required texts
- Academic mentoring
- Filling out forms
- Studylink for student loans and allowances
- Tangihanga support
- Provide information and support for students dealing with unacceptable behavior.
The Pouwhirinaki office is located in the Library (L140). Feel free to come and visit us anytime during the office hours, if we are not available you can make an appointment at the service desk.
Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm.