Academic Learning Services - Tairāwhiti Campus
Welcome! Academic Learning Services is here to assist you on your journey towards the successful completion of your studies at EIT. Our aim is for you to become confident, competent and independent learners. The academic advisor for the Tairāwhiti campus is located in the Library - room PL108.
Learning advisors support learners to develop their learning, numeracy, and academic skills as well as their language proficiency.
To see a Learning Advisor you may book an appointment at the Library service desk.
- Complete a form: Forms are available from the library service desk or apply online
Book Appointment Online (Tairāwhiti)
We are available during the following hours:
|Monday||8.00am - 4.00pm|
|Tuesday||8.00am - 4.00pm|
|Wednesday||8.00am - 4.00pm|
|Thursday||8.00am - 4.00pm|
|8.00am - 4.00pm
INFORMATION AND LEARNING ADVISOR
At the beginning of each semester we run lunchtime study skills, including academic writing and assignment, referencing and computer skills.
We can assist with:
- Academic reading
- critical thinking, research, reading effectively
- Academic writing
- essays, reports, reflective writing, online forums, literature reviews, annotated bibliographies, short or long answer assignments
- APA referencing and writing style
- in text citations, reference lists, APA style conventions
- Basic computing
- Basic literacy
- Study skills
- memory, note-taking, learning styles, exam techniques
- Oral presentations
- Research analysis
- Time management
- Writing skills
- paraphrasing, summarising, sentence structure, paragraph structure, grammar, punctuation
Information & Learning Advisor Appointments
Within a learning advice session some of the following may occur
Learning advisors do not
Learning advisors are here to help you succeed. Your assignment is your work and your responsibility.